Well My goal of posting once a week all year has already failed since this is the first time I have posted for 2013! Oh well, I am a busy momma loving every precious minute with my adorable family. My time has been stretched thin for the last couple weeks between working 30-35 hours a week and going to school 3 nights a week. That's right, this girl is taking a class! It is only a 4 week coarse but I am loving it! It is a Phlebotomy class. For those who aren't sure what a phlebotomist does they are the people who draw your blood. Most people like to say I am going to vampire school...that joke will probably get old fast but for now I am just going to smile and say yes! Everyone in my class just loves to practice on my arms because I have some really easy-to-see, superficial veins. Which means they don't have to rely just on feeling for the vein to know where it is. They are ideal for newbies! My arms are all beat up and bruised and I got my first hematoma last night but it is well worth it because I absolutely LOVE what I am learning. I take the national test on Monday the 25th and hope that I can find a job pretty quickly after finding out that I passed....because I am going to pass :)
Now for a little update on everyone else! Chris is busy, busy, busy with work, school, homework, and being an awesome husband and father. He is also doing a pretty good job at finding a few minutes of quiet to himself to escape from all of that!
Tyson is becoming more imaginative everyday! He has some of the funnest stories for me some nights. I think my favorite moment of imagination recently happened one night while we were getting ready for bed. He kept calling me a monkey so I told him that I wasn't a monkey and that I was a human. He looked at me and responded, "You're not a human mommy!" so I asked him what I was. He then informed me that I was a robot. He told me he was a robot as well so I decided to ask him if Colton was a robot too and he gets this look on his face and says "No mom. Cotlon is a BABY!" The tone in his voice made me laugh so hard. It was so cute though! He loved that Laurie was watching his cousin Breckin for a couple weeks and simply LOVES playing with him. He is going to be one sad boy when he realizes that Breckin is going to start going back to his regular babysitter this week.
We don't get many naps out of him anymore!
Cousins!
Colton is getting so grown up! He is now 6 and a half months old. The weighed 17 lbs and was 24.5 in. long at his 6 month check up and got 4 shots...which he did not do well with. He reacts to them differently than Tyson did. He is a pro at sitting up but still refuses to roll. He is working hard at getting his first tooth. It is nice and close to the surface and the second one isn't far behind.
Thanks to his big brother, this cute boy loves balls!
He was feeling exceptionally snuggly one afternoon!
Big sitter!
I love those chubby cheeks!
The boys absolutely adore one another. Whenever Tyson comes into the room Colton grins and typically gives a little squeal hoping to get his attention. Whenever Tyson wakes up he asks "Where's my chunkers?" (Chris calls Colton chunkers so now Tyson does). He also won't go to bed without giving Colton loves and kisses. I am so excited for them to start being able to play together more as Colton gets older.
It's all about brotherly love!
We may be mighty busy most days but these cute boys make every minute worth it!










1 comment:
Fun reading a post, you sound super busy. Thank you so much for finding the time to make that cape! I just mailed it off yesterday so they get it in time for their birthdays. The Christmas package took over a month to get & luckily they got it a few days before Christmas. Thats great about your class & that your loving it. Your boys are so cute & getting big. Were hoping we will see you at Layla's party :)
Post a Comment