Bed time did not go so well tonight. It was just tears and tears from my boys. It was pretty much the worst time I've had getting them to bed in quite a while. So I hauled them both into my room, got Tyson settled on the bed in his Daddy's spot (since he wanted him) and then sat in the glider with Colton and as I realized that my shushing was not going to make much of a difference, this super tired momma decided to start singing. What a difference it made! After only a few seconds they both calmed down and not much longer until they were both sound asleep. I was astonished! I never knew what a comforting thing my singing could be to them. Then as I carried Tyson to his bed, I realized just how big he is getting and it kinda broke my heart. I wish time would slow down just a little so that he could stay little just a bit longer. I can't believe that in just a little over a month he is going to be 3! It feels like just yesterday he came into our lives and now he is a growing, curious toddler who is an amazing big brother!
Enough of the reminiscing, time for bed! Night all!

No comments:
Post a Comment