Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break

Around Valentine's Day, Chris told me when his spring break was and told me he wanted to take a trip to Montana. Naturally I was thrilled and jumped at the chance to get to visit with my family so we made plans. As the trip grew closer, we all got more excited to go. We left on Friday Mar. 11. It was a wonderful drive up. Tyson did great and was so happy the whole drive. We saw a ton of wildlife on our way up. There were multiple herds of dear, antelope, and one herd of 100+ elk! It was great! 
We were there for 8 days. We had to go to a museum for some homework for Chris's humanities class. It was pretty interesting since it was the week of a large art auction. I don't know if many of you have heard of Charlie Russell (I know everyone in Great Falls and the surrounding areas have) but he was one of the earliest western artists. They have a large art auction in Great Falls every year because of his fame in the art world. Anyways, because of the art auction, there was only a small section with the life of Charlie Russell and the rest of the displays had been put up and replaced with the auction art. It was fun to look at the artwork. There were many pieces that were highly priced. Tyson was not a big fan of just looking around. He wanted to get down and crawl around! Needless to say it was a good thing we were pretty much the only ones there because he was very loud and whiny!
We also had dinner with Kasie and Quinn while we were there and she cut my hair....I'll eventually get a picture on here. It is quite a change! Their little boy Weston had a great time playing with Tyson. He has to be one of the best sharers I know. Not many 2 year olds would hand off one of their fancy trucks to a little baby. It was so sweet and I hope that Tyson will become great at sharing like him.
We drove to Billings one day with my sister so that we could go to the temple and Stephanie so kindly took Tyson for a couple hours. Then we took her out to lunch at Red Robin to thank her! It was a fun day and so neat to go through the Billings Temple. I had been there to do baptisms as a youth and I had gone to the open house and dedication. It was a very neat experience!
One night, Chris and I went to dinner with Steph and her new boyfriend, Patrick! It was so nice to meet Patrick after all the good and exciting things I had heard about him from Steph. We a great time getting to know him a little and then going to a movie with them. He definitely seems like a great guy and I am so very happy for her!
Then on Friday, the day before we came home, my parents let Brian skip school and we spent the day hanging out. Chris took Brian with him on his run and Brian played on his new scooter. Chris definitely gave Brain quite the workout! While they were running, Steph, Mom, Tyson, and I went out to Shopko to look for something that I decided I needed for a Birthday project for Tyson. Believe it or not he will be ONE next week!!!! Anyways, my mom found another present for him that she just couldn't resist at the price it was at! I am sure he'll love it! Once both groups were done and it was time for lunch! We had to keep with our tradition and go to Big Mouth Barbeque! It was delicious, like always! Then Steph, Brian, Chris, Tyson, and I headed out to Old Navy to look at something and then we headed back to the house to relax for the rest of the day. I made a birthday cake that we had for dessert in a small celebration of Tyson's birthday. Chris and I did sneak out to run to the store and have a little quiet time together.
We came home Saturday. Unfortunately, Tyson was not as cooperative and it really didn't matter if I was sitting in the back with him or up front, he just wanted out! It was great to be home after a week of adventures! We do miss the family but know that we will see them again!

 I told my dad that Tyson loved books and so he brought him this. It is Steph's old book from high school that she had every intention of burning.

Brian pulled out his box of Matchbox cars and Tyson pretty much spent the entire week playing with them! He is 100% boy!

Brian is in 'jail'! He decided that he needed to do this and wanted me to take a picture. He was too tall for them to touch so he had to crouch so that he would fit!

Tyson is now an expert at scaling the stairs...YAY....not!

One morning, Chris and I were playing with Tyson and the cars. Chris decided we needed to build a track and launch the cars from the top of the stairs...well Tyson LOVED it! He just couldn't get enough of it!

No comments: