Monday, February 13, 2012

Things are Changing

Things are gonna change for us tonight and it is early than planned but I think we are ready for it! We were planning to get Tyson a toddler bed for his birthday but Laurie saw one for a great deal today and we couldn't pass it up! We brought it over to the house and couldn't help but moving the mattress over and getting it all ready for him to try and sleep in it tonight! I can't believe my baby is getting so grown up! We will definitely be having an adventure over the few days or longer until we get him all adjusted and settled with the new bed but it is going to be well worth it for when baby gets here this summer. 


His quilt doesn't match but I am going to be making him a new one in case we end up having another little boy that needs this quilt to match the crib bedding we have. He absolutely adores the bed but thinks it really is just for climbing on. Wish us luck!

P.S. Yesterday at church was CRAZY! Chris had to take Tyson out before the opening prayer was said(by me) then I took over since he was crying for me. He started fussing so loud when Chris went and sat down that I took him into the Mothers' Lounge. There he screamed until the Sacrament was done being passed and then another Sister came in with her baby girl and Tyson calmed down seeing the baby. We sat there for a while and the next thing I know he was out like a light! Poor little dude wore himself out crying! I had to get up after Sacrament meeting cause I had to help Chris teach our Sunday School class. Tyson woke up so I took him to nursery, where he started bawling the second I put him down. I was informed that he was being picked on by a certain little girl and that could be why he was so upset. I told them that knew where we would be if he didn't calm down. I thought we were in the clear since they didn't bring him to us during class but I had only been sitting in Relief Society for a few minutes when they brought him in saying they tried everything they could think of and he just wouldn't calm down so after him being good for the first few minutes of that meeting he got too noisy and I took him out to the foyer. He played nicely for a little while until he decided to run straight through the chapel during another Wards Sacrament meeting. It was awfully embarrassing so I decided to just take him home. He fell asleep within 5 minutes of me laying him down at home and slept for another 2 hours. I guess he was just tired but I pray that next week goes better!

1 comment:

The DeGiulio's said...

That's one of the cutest toddler beds I've seen. I can see how he thinks its fun to climb on but by only letting him in it for nap/bed time I think will help. That's the only time we put bailee in her bed. It will be fun for you to make a new quilt for it too.