Tuesday, December 7, 2010

When Life Gets Rough....

KEEP SMILING!
I recall this phrase from my childhood as each day seems to be bringing a new trial. My dad...one of the kindest men I know...used to say this all the time! I never really understood the purpose of it until recently. Sometimes all you can do to get through is to KEEP SMILING! 
Today I decided that instead of focusing on all the bad things that seem to be happening, I would turn my thoughts to all the good things in life! Here is a little list of some of the BEST things in my life!
1. My Husband- Chris is the absolute BEST thing in my life! He makes me laugh and always finds a way to put a smile on my face. I love him with all my heart!!!
2. My Sweet Baby Boy- Who isn't much of a baby anymore...He is turning into a little boy although he is only 8 months old! He just learned to give KISSES and they are the sweetest slobbery kisses ever! He is the light in my life and keeps my goals of being the best mom I can be in the front of my mind each and every day!
3. The Knowledge of my Savior- Knowing that Christ lived and died all to save me and my family is the SWEETEST knowledge I could have. I am grateful for my Savior!
4. An Eternal Family- Having the knowledge that I will be with my family FOREVER is the greatest comfort! I can not imagine the terrible pain of those who lose loved ones and don't have that opportunity or knowledge.
5. Loving Parents- Who seem to KNOW when things are rough even if I haven't mentioned anything. They also know just what to say to make me feel a little better than I did when the conversation started!
6. Siblings- That let me know they MISS me just when I am missing them and are so supportive of me no matter how any mistakes I make!
7. In Laws- That HELP us get through the rough spots and are always willing to talk when we need it!
Last but definitely not least of all...
8. Friends- Who listen to you complain and can always make you LAUGH until you cry!

So remember this Holiday season...and EVERYDAY...to look at the good things in life and
KEEP SMILING
no matter how rough life gets!

3 comments:

Haley said...

robin! i feel ya with the stress factor and things not going according to plan :/ But good call on looking at the bright side! that is one lovely list <3

The DeGiulio's said...

Its true! You should read the blog I just posted about. It totally changed my perspective to what I was thinking was the worst two months.

Quinn and Kasie said...

I love this blog!